- Personal and Business Contact information, such as your first name, last name, postal address, email address, telephone number, job title, employer name and business name where applicable.
- Profile information, such as your username and password, picture, industry, interests and preferences.
- Content you post on our Website (documents, text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address).
- Feedback and correspondence, such as information you provide in your responses to surveys, when you participate in market research activities, report a problem with our Website, receive customer support or otherwise correspond with us.
- Transaction information, registrations you make through our Website;
- Usage information, such as information about how you use our Website and interact with us.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving marketing communications and details about how you engage with them.
Information from Social Networking Websites.Our Website includes interfaces that allow you to connect with social networking Websites (each a “SNS”). If you connect to a SNS through our Website you authorise us to access, use and store the information that you agreed the SNS could provide to us based on your settings on that SNS. We will access, use and store that information in accordance with this Notice. You can revoke our access to the information you provide in this way at any time by amending the appropriate settings from within your account settings on the applicable SNS.Information we get from others.We do not purchase data about you from other individuals or organizations. We may combine other publicly available information, such as that provided by business networking Websites and databases, information related to the organization for which you work and personal interests and skill sets, with the personal information that you provide to us through our Services. We also may obtain information from those in the StartupFuel network such as our event organizers, contractors, and local representatives who have agreed to a relationship with us in order to deliver our Services. This may include information about potential interest in our programs, company and individual progress, interest in local events, and attendance at other similar events.Information automatically collectedWe may automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device when you access our Website. For example, we may log your computer or mobile device operating system name and version, manufacturer and model, browser type, browser language, screen resolution, the Website you visited before browsing to our Website, pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, access times and information about your use of and actions on our Website. We collect this information about you using cookies. Please refer to the Cookies and Similar Technologies section below for more details.Changes to your personal informationIt is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please let us know if your personal information changes during your relationship with us by updating your registration profile or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.orgCookies and Similar TechnologiesWe may collect information using “cookies.” Cookies are small data files stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our Website. Cookies are used to improve the user experience by remembering previous interactions with the Website. We use two broad categories of cookies: (1) first party cookies, served directly by us to your computer or mobile device, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Website; and (2) third party cookies, which are served by service providers on our Website, and can be used by such service providers to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.Cookies we useOur Website uses the following types of cookies for the purposes set out below: Type of cookiePurposeEssential CookiesThese cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Website and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.Analytics and Performance CookiesThese cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Website and how users use our Website. The information gathered may include the number of visitors to our Website, the webWebsites that referred them to our Website, the pages they visited on our Website, what time of day they visited our Website, whether they have visited our Website before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Website more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Website. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Website works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here and about how Google protects your data here. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Website by downloading and installing the browser plugin available here.Social Media CookiesThese cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our Website or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking webWebsite such as Facebook or Twitter. The social network will record that you have done this.Disabling cookiesYou can typically remove or reject cookies via your browser settings. In order to do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “settings,” “help” “tools” or “edit” facility). Many browsers are set to accept cookies until you change your settings. Further information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. If you do not accept our cookies, you may experience some inconvenience in your use of our Website. For example, we may not be able to recognize your computer or mobile device and you may need to log in every time you visit our Website. Pixel tagsWe may also use pixel tags (which are also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) on our Website to track the actions of users on our Website. Unlike cookies, which are stored on the hard drive of your computer or mobile device by a webWebsite, pixel tags are embedded invisibly on webpages. Pixel tags measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Website, so that we can manage our content more effectively. The information we collect using pixel tags is not linked to our users’ personal information.Do Not Track SignalsSome Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to do not track signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com. How We Use Your Information To provide our Services If you have an account with us or use our Website, we use your personal information to:
- Operate, maintain, administer and improve our Website;
- Manage and communicate with you regarding your account, if you have one, including by sending you service announcements, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Process and manage requests you make through our Website, including to track and administer Services you have requested;
- Better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Website; and
- Provide support and maintenance for the Website and our Services.
- Partners and User Groups. We may disclose your personal information to our partners with whom we have contracted to deliver industry-focused Accelerator and Startup Programs, and to other users of our Services, solely for the purpose of providing our products and services, including sharing with other members of the groups for which you are registered (e.g. startups, investors). For example, when you may seek advice on improving your business’ operational effectiveness, your personal information may be shared with the identified third party business partner in order to provide additional expertise, with your consent.
- Professional advisors. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection and Safety. StartupFuel may disclose information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as required by law, and disclose and use such information as we believe necessary or appropriate to (a) comply with applicable laws and lawful requests and legal process, such as to respond to court summons or requests from government authorities; (b) enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Services; (c) protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (d) protect, investigate and deter against fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
- Access, Update, Correct or Delete Your Information. All account holders may review, update, correct or delete the personal information in their registration profile by logging into their account. You may also contact us at email@example.com to accomplish the foregoing or if you have additional requests or questions.
- Email communications. You may opt out of newsletters and marketing-related emails by following the unsubscribe instructions on a link at the bottom of each such email, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Withdrawing consent. If you gave us consent to use your personal information, but wish to update or delete it, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Choosing not to share your personal information. Where we are required by law to collect your personal information, or where we need your personal information in order to provide the Services to you, if you do not provide this information when requested (or you later ask to delete it), we may not be able to provide you with the Services and may need to close your account. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Services by designating it as required in the Services or through other appropriate means.
- Uninstalling our applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application(s) by uninstalling the Application(s). You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
- age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin, or blood type;
- opinions, evaluations, comments, social status, or disciplinary actions; and
- employee files, credit records, loan records, medical records, existence of a dispute between a consumer and a merchant, intentions (for example, to acquire goods or services, or change jobs).
- Opt-out. Stop sending you direct marketing communications. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails.
- Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete your personal information.
- Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You can submit these requests by email firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us at email@example.com submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here. Cross-Border Data TransferWhenever we transfer your personal information out of the EEA to countries not deemed by the European Commission to provide an adequate level of personal information protection, the transfer will be based on one of the following safeguards recognized by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for personal information, where required by EU data protection legislation:
- Contracts approved by the European Commission which impose data protection obligations on the parties to the transfer. For further details, see European Commission Model contracts for the transfer of personal information to third countries.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal information out of the EEA.